Limited Edition Silk Kits
Available while supplies last
Your choice of three Colorado-inspired colors. Spin 100% Tussah Silk and then knit your pick of seven shawl patterns.
Only available through October!
Can you believe this intricate design is woven on just four shaft?! Welcome to the wonderful world of Color and Weave!
Welcome to Treenway Silks
There’s nothing else like silk! Silk is strong yet delicate, luxurious and lustrous. Silk loves color and we love silk!
If you weave, spin, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, needlepoint, hand-stitch, braid (kumihimo), create silk fusion, fiber art, nuno felt, mixed media or make paper, you'll find silk that works for you.
Your silk experts and hand-dyeing specialists since 1977, Treenway Silks offers the most diverse selection of high-quality silk fibers available, which we hand-dye in a rainbow of colors.
Discover natural (undyed) silk yarns (35), silk fibers (21), silk cocoons (5), and 4 sizes of silk threads & silk ribbons. With all our color choices, you find over 5,000 silk products! And we ship world-wide.
Treenway Silks is based in Colorado, the home of owners Susan Du Bois and Richard Yabunaka. Prior to 2011, the company was owned by Canadian founders Karen and Terry.
2 Skeins = 2 Scarves™ Kits and FREE Weaving Drafts
‘Soft & Elegant’ Huck Lace Scarves Kit -- these two elegant white-on-white scarves are woven on a 4-shaft loom with just two skeins of silk. These are created with natural white Taiyō and Silken Ankara. Combining these two silk yarns gives a wonderfully soft hand to these luxurious scarves. Want to introduce a little color? Get the free draft and shop for the yarns you like.
2 Skeins = 2 Scarves™ FREE Weaving Drafts
‘Interlacement’ Atwater-Bronson Lace Scarves Free Draft - Got 8 shafts? These two fabulous scarves are woven with two skeins of our most popular silk yarn, Kiku. You’ll love combining two colors in this lace design—one color for warp and one for weft. Choose your favorite color combination!
Yarn On Cones
You asked for cones and your wish is our command! Now you can get FIVE natural (undyed) Treenway Silks’ fine spun silk on a cone. All of our cones are ‘put up’ as 200 grams and are available in Natural (undyed). Bombyx is a soft white and Tussah is naturally a light golden color:
Love the hand-dyed colors but wish your yarn was 'put up' on cones? Now we offer a cone-winding service!
One-Click All Colors Threads & Ribbons
One-click Threads or Ribbons. Love the colors and want one of each? We’ve made it easy for you, plus given you a special price!
- 1 each of ALL 47 Colors - Ribbon, 7mm
- Montano '1 each of ALL 12 Colorways' - Ribbon, 7mm
- 1 each of ALL 109 Colors - Ribbon, 3.5mm
- Montano '1 each of ALL 74 Colorways' - Ribbon, 3.5mm
- 1 each of ALL 109 Colors - Thread, Serenity (8/2 reeled)
- Montano '1 each of ALL 17 Colorways' - Thread, 8/2 reeled
- 1 each of ALL 109 Colors - Thread, Tranquility (fine cord)
- Montano '1 each of ALL 74 Colors' - Thread, Fine Cord
- 1 each of ALL 111 Colors - Thread, Zen Shin (20/2 spun)
- Montano '1 each of ALL 18 Colorways' - Thread, 6-strand floss
Luxury Silk-Blend Trio
Give the gift of luxury to yourself or to someone you love! 400 yards (23g) each of three lace/thread weight yarns:
- Silken Fog (silk/yak)
- Gōkana (silk/cashmere)
- Camelot (silk/camel)
Each kit includes enough yarn to knit 3 lace shawlettes. Or great for adding stripes to your weaving.
DebBee's Designs - Silk Thread Kits
DebBee's Designs' Garden of Silken Delights uses Treenway Silks' 100% silk threads throughout the entire piece.
We loved this design so much, that with DebBee’s blessing, we created an alternative colorway “Autumn Mums” for the Garden of Silken Delights chart.
And we have a thread kit in this colorway, which includes 240 yards silk thread and a color conversion table.
No local thread shop nearby?
We now carry the chart for Garden of Silken Delight.
View all Treenway Silks DebBee's Design items ...here.
In addition to our Bombyx or cultivated cocoons, we now carry four different wild cocoons: Red Eri, White Eri, Muga and Tasar (tussah). You can find them here. Our Indian supplier needed to remove the pupa from inside before exporting the cocoons to us. This means the wild cocoon have a ‘slit’ so these cocoons are not suitable for reeling.
Follow Treenway Silks
Silk Tidings- Register for our on–line newsletter which includes updates on our Web Specials.
Treenway Silks is proud of our exceptional reputation for superior-quality products, exemplary customer service and integrity. If you are ever not satisfied, please let us know and we will work with you to make things right.
Any Yarn/Any Color
Silk Threads & Silk Ribbons
We are the home of hand-painted Montano Colorways—74 mouth-watering colorways in silk threads and silk ribbons. These were developed in collaboration with Judith Baker Montano, internationally known author, teacher, and colorist. Our silk threads and silk ribbons are hand-dyed in Colorado or hand-painted in British Columbia.
- August 26, 2015: Business Trip
- September 10-13, 2015: trip to my home state Iowa
- September 24-30, 2015: exhibiting at needlepoint trade show "Destination Dallas" suite #428
- October 20-28, 2015: exhibiting at quilting trade show "Quilt Market", booth #t/b/d, Houston, TX
- October 31 & November 7, 2015: teaching Silk Fusion at The Recycled Lamb in Golden, CO
- November 19-22, 2015: trip to my home state Iowa to celebrate Mom & Dad's 67th wedding anniversary
- November 26, 2015: Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 24-January 3, 2016: Christmas & New Year Holiday
- January 6-13, 2016: Exhibiting at needlearts trade show "TNNA", booth #725-727, San Diego, CA
- February 5, 2016: program and workshop at Northern Colorado Weavers Guild, Ft. Collins, CO
- May 17-23, 2016: exhibiting at quilting trade show "Quilt Market", booth #t/b/d, Salt Lake City, UT
Please remember, while on the road, we cannot ship out orders. But we work extra long hours upon our return to send everything out as quickly as possible!